Isn’t it wonderful to think there is a DIY, easy and effective (and very economical) lotion to combat fine lines and wrinkles, lighten skin tone, reduce dark under-eye circles, swelling , and puffiness? It has taken me months but I have finally created a super easy, yet effective, “magic” lotion in my kitchen. I have tried and tested this lotion on my skin for the last 2 months and I can tell you, I am so happy with the results and thrilled to share this recipe with you!
(By the way, I always try DIY products on my face for a few weeks before I share the recipe with you.)
This lotion makes my skin so soft and hydrated. My wrinkles are less noticeable and my complexion is brighter. I am super happy!
All you need are:
- Sake (A type of Japanese rice wine that goes through a fermentation process similar to beer. Use the kind made with 100% rice.)
- Vegetable glycerin
- Dried chamomile (I use organic chamomile tea from the health food store)
- A glass jar with lid (to infuse the chamomile)
- An amber or cobalt blue bottle to store the lotion (colored bottles block exposure to light and sun and will preserve your lotion longer)
- Paper coffee filter or tea strainer (a very fine strainer so that it strains all the chamomile flower)
- Place all the ingredients in a glass jar.
- Stir the mixture and seal the jar tightly with the lid. Keep the jar in a dark cabinet for a week. For best extraction stir the mixture from time to time during the week.
- At the end of one week, filter the mixture through a paper coffee filter or tea strainer to remove the chamomile flower particles) and pour the filtered liquid into an amber or cobalt blue bottle.
- Store the bottle in a dark/cool place to prolong its shelf life.
You can safely use this lotion everyday on the affected area. I usually use this in the evening on my face, and neck area, rubbing any excess into my hands.
As always, before using any product, do the patch test by applying a small amount of lotion on your inner arm and wait for 24 hours to see if you have any allergic reaction to the products. If any irritations such as itchiness and/or redness occur, discontinue use. You can keep this lotion in a dark, cool place up to a year.
Let me know your thoughts or experience with this lotion. I love your feedback, it always inspires me.