Did you know that one of the reasons people get oily skin is because they wash their face too often? It is very simple – when you wash your skin it produces more oil in order to protect itself.
There are a lot of face-wash products out there but many of them are loaded with a ton of chemicals you cannot even pronounce! Not only are they bad for the environment but they don’t do much good for your skin either. So why not make your own, gentle, nature and skin friendly foaming soap at home? It is very easy to make, economical and works great!
Here are the ingredients you need:
- 1 cup of water (distilled/purified or filtered. If you want to use tap water, boil it first and then let it cool down at room temperature)
- ¼ cup of castile soap. (It is a vegetable soap and very gentle on your skin) – I like to use Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Oil
- 1 TBSP Oil. (Jojoba oil works great on most skin types since it does not clog pores and is mild on the skin). In this video, I used Kukui Oil from Hawaii since it is a great natural relief for dry skin, sunburn, eczema, and psoriasis.
- 2 TBSP Raw Honey. Honey makes your skin soft and smooth, you can add more of it if you have dry skin.
- 20 drops of essential oil of your choice (you can choose to not add any, use less oil if you prefer a more discrete scent).
Simply add all the ingredients in the foaming dispenser and mix. Shake well before using. I love this foaming dispenser.
Very important tip…
The order of ingredients is VERY important. If you change the order, the soap may not mix well. Play with the ratio of ingredients depending on your personal preference and skin type. I like to add more oil and honey to my face wash during summer since I spend a lot of time outdoors and my skin gets dry due to the Californian climate. If you feel your skin is getting too dry add more water or use less castile soap.
Have fun and let me know if you like it!